The Electronic Cigarettes Act came into place on January 1, 2016. This new Act
- Prohibits the sale and supply of e-cigarettes to anyone less than 19 years of age;
- Prohibis the sale and supply of e-cigarettes to any person who appears to be less than 25 years old without asking for identification;
- Prohibits the use of false identification to purchase an e-cigarette;
- Prohibits the sale of e-cigarettes in retail settings if prescribed signs are not posted; and
- Prohibits the sale of e-cigarettes in vending machines.
Additional regulations under the Electronic Cigarettes Act are expected regarding the use of e-cigarettes in public places and workplaces and the display and promotion of e-cigarettes in retail settings.
Read more on the Electronic Cigarettes Act.